Non-Immigrant Visas

There are a variety of non-immigrant visas available for those who wish to come to the United States.  Non-immigrant visas differ from each other in the kinds of privileges they offer, as well as how long they last.  There are numerous ways to obtain temporary  residence in the U.S., some are listed below:

Visitor for Business or Pleasure (B1/B2 Visa)
This visa is for persons desiring to enter the US temporarily for business or pleasure.

Treaty Trader (E1) and Treaty Investor (E2) Visas
The E categories are designated for aliens engaged in international trade or investment between the United States and the alien’s country of nationality, provided the U.S. has an appropriate treaty relationship with the foreign country.

Students Attending U.S. Schools
(F-Academic and M-Vocational Visas)

This category includes academic students in colleges, universities, seminaries, conservatories, academic high schools, other academic institutions, and in language training, or students in non-academic or vocational studies.

Temporary Workers - H-1B Visa for Professionals
The H-1B visa category applies to aliens coming temporarily to perform services in a specialty occupation, or as a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability.

Exchange Visitors - Training/Student (J-1)
This visa category is for persons coming to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States.

Fiancee (K-1)
This visa is for aliens coming to the United States to marry U.S. citizens and reside in the U.S.

Intracompany Transferee (L-1 Visa)
The L-1A Visa is for an alien coming to work in a managerial or executive level position with a U.S. company that has an appropriate corporate relationship with their employing company abroad.

NAFTA Professionals (TN Visa)
The TN Visa is for “Profesionals under the North American Free Trade Agreement” available only to citizens of Mexico and Canada.

Extraordinary Ability (O-1)
The O-1 Visa is for aliens of “extraordinary” ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.

Athlete/Entertainment Group (P-1)
The P-1 visa is for members of entertainment groups, individual athletes, and members of athletic teams.

Artistic Exchange (P-2 Visa)
The P-2 visa is for entertainers that are a part of reciprocal international exchanges.

Culturally Unique Artists (P-3 Visa)
The P-3 visa is for performers in culturally unique programs.

Cultural Exchange (Q-1)
The Q-1 classification applies to participants in an international cultural exchange program approved by the Attorney General for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and to share the history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country.

Religious Worker (R-1)
The R-1 classification applies to a religious worker.

Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of participating countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business for 90 days or less without obtaining a U.S. visa.

Home | Firm Profile | Contact Info | About Star | Non-Immigrant Visas | Immigrant Visas | Other Immigration Services | Legal Disclaimer | Magyarul